Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to apply.
Members of the Board of Directors are responsible for ensuring that STEM Paths Innovation Network (SPIN) fulfills its mission by planning for its future, monitoring its operations and evaluating its performance. The Board of Directors works in close partnership with the Executive Directors who lead the day-to-day operations of SPIN. The Board of Directors is entrusted with fiduciary duties to make choices that safeguard the welfare of the organization’s financial interests.
Currently recruiting for the following needs:
Area of expertise
- Experience with non-profit boards
- Human resources
- Understand community needs
Access to resources
- Connections to potential individual donors
- Connections to corporate/foundation dollars
- Strong ties to local communities
Advance the mission: To close the opportunity gap in STEM education and careers for women and BIPOC communities.
- Actively promote the mission of SPIN, contributing ideas, and expertise
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs
- Determine and monitor the organization’s programs and services
- Participate in the development of SPIN’s strategic plan to accomplish its mission, oversee its implementation, and evaluate its success
Ensure necessary resources
- A personal financial contribution at whatever level feels right to you
- Recruit others for SPIN’s fundraising events
- Actively participate in fundraising
- Promote SPIN and its work to uplift its public image
- Commit 3-5 hours each month to board service
Provide effective oversight
- Hire and evaluate the Executive Directors
- Monitor the effectiveness of SPIN’s programs and services
- Ensure the financial health of SPIN, including approving its annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions
- Select an auditor and receive the auditor’s report
- Ensure that the organization is aware of risks and has strong risk management practices and protocols
Ensure effective Board of Director operations
- Attend Board meetings fully prepared to participate
- Assess the boards performance
- Follow board policies, including conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
- Serve on committees or task forces
- Assist in identifying and recruiting board members
Election, term length and participation.
Board members are elected by the Board of Directors. SPIN’s Board members will serve a 2 year term and are eligible for reappointment for 2 additional years.
Board meetings are held monthly. Additional time may be required for committee work, board development, and other board commitments.
Service on SPIN’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel and accommodation costs in relation to Board Member duties.